1. NEGLECT: It’s easy over time to allow yourself to get comfortable in marriage.
“Comfortable” is a
nice way of saying “neglect.” Don’t move your marriage to the back-burner and allow the things in
life to take priority.
2. LACK OF FRIENDSHIP: At the core of every great marriage is a great friendship …
two people who love
to spend time with one another. Don’t allow the friendship in your marriage to die. Spend lots of
time doing fun things together.
3. NEGLECTING COMMUNICATION: Regular communication is a key to maintaining a
healthy marriage. Daily
asking questions like, “How are you?” and “How was your day?” are important in your marriage.
4. LETTING YOUR SEX LIFE DIE: God was good to provide the gift of sex in order to
bind a husband and
wife together in a unique way. Sex is one of the superglues of a healthy marriage, and yet most
couples neglect it or replacing it with pornography or something else.
5. SELFISHNESS: It’s so easy to fall into the trap of putting yourself and your own
needs first. Try
hard to not let selfishness fight your way into your marriage.
6. DISHONESTY: At the core of every great marriage is honesty and trust. If your
relationship has it,
protect it with everything you’ve got. Because once you lose trust, it takes years to rebuild back.
A healthy marriage has NO secrets and hides nothing from one another.